Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Believe...

We all have beliefs and opinions that shape and influence our lives; our thoughts, our choices, our actions.  The closer a belief is to our heart, the stronger and more passionate we are about it.  Oddly, despite the power our beliefs hold, we rarely take the time to consider them and what they mean to us...  After being inspired to dig deep and think about what I truly believe in...I sat down last night while Girard was watching tv and pondered on the subject...

I believe that life is too short and very unpredictable.
I believe that life can change in a blink of an eye.
I believe in stopping to smell the roses, watching the waves, and listening to the birds sing!
I believe people should go outside more.
I believe that the other end of every rainbow is in Heaven.
I believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
I believe in guardian angels.
 
I believe that time does not heal all wounds…but, that with time you learn how to cope.
I believe that sorrow can not be measured – everyone grieves differently.
I believe that it is okay to cry.
I believe in always trusting your gut.
I believe that the people you least expect to hurt you…are sometimes the ones who hurt you the worst.
I believe that blood is not always thicker than water.
I believe that forgiving someone is sometimes one of the hardest things to do.
I believe in not being so quick to judge.
I believe in not making assumptions – go to the source and clarify.
I believe that words can get you in trouble and cause a lot of unnecessary pain – think before you speak and type.
 
I believe that people have the right to be angry…but, not the right to be cruel.
I believe in the sayings:  “an eye for an eye…” – “what goes around comes around…” – “do unto others has you’d have done to you…”
I believe in turning your wounds in wisdom.
I believe there are many situations in life that you will never understand unless it actually happens to you.
I believe in never saying never.
I believe in the crazy little thing called love!
I believe in marriage.
I believe that making a baby is a miracle.
I believe that children should be disciplined and shouldn’t get everything they want.
I believe that tough love can sometimes do a person good.
I believe that God put that itchy spot on our backs just out of our own reach…to encourage us to be nice to each other!
I believe animals have souls and that there is a special place in Heaven for them all – after all, God created them just as He did you and me…
I believe that you can’t always please everybody.
I believe that sometimes less is more.
I believe that patience is a major virtue.
 
I believe you shouldn’t make promises that you can’t keep.
I believe that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
I believe everyone should have a bucket list.
I believe that there is no such thing as a “free lunch”…and that people receiving government aid should be given drug test.
I believe the government has too much control.
I believe in holding the door open for others and saying please and thank you.
I believe in respecting my elders.
I believe in praying for passing ambulances and fire trucks.
I believe in paying it forward.
I believe that good deeds sometimes go unnoticed…but, we should do them anyway.
I believe in helping others as much as you can.
 
I believe that no matter how good of a person you are…there will always be someone who doesn’t like you.
I believe that jealousy is the root of insecurity.
I believe that more people need Jesus.
I believe {in trying} to never take anything or anyone for granted.
I believe that no one is perfect and that everybody makes mistakes.
I believe that my mind is sometimes deeper than the ocean.
I believe that the life lessons I’ve endured up until this point have played a huge part in making me the person I am today.
I believe in staying true to myself.
I believe in living DAY BY DAY.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...