Monday, May 19, 2014

I'm Jealous Of My Dog...

 I’m having a hard time putting words to my thoughts…
The voice inside my head must still think it's the weekend.
When I initially say that I’m envious of Teddy – I think to myself that it sounds certifiably insane. 
Maybe it is...  Maybe it isn't...
That's what I'm trying to figure out...

Today is a bittersweet day. 
It would have been my Papa Jack's 83rd earthly birthday. 
He loved his birthday, mainly because he loved opening presents! 
And, strawberry shortcake!
Gosh, how I miss that man...
Teddy's mother was shot and killed right in front of him...
Did he understand what happened? 
Did he miss her?  Does he still miss her now?
Does he remember that day?

I don't think he does...

Am I the only one who would like to forget painful experiences?
Sure, the trials in life have taught me many beneficial lessons...
I also feel that I'm a stronger, deeper, more passionate person from hitting rock bottom...
For that I am grateful. 
But, the initial pain, the hurt, the grief - I'd like to forget.

Teddy will never know how cruel this world can be.
How mean people can be...
He doesn't understand betrayal and judgment. 
He's clueless to work and bills...

And when one of my parents dogs tells him to "back off "
(I'm assuming that's what a growl means), he brushes it off and goes on about his business!  
((There's a lesson to be learned there!))
He doesn't hold on to grudges or resentment...

He really has no worries!
For that, I am also grateful - because that is how his little life should be!
I mean, it is probably safe to say that the worse thing in his mind is the vacuum cleaner and lawn mower!
 
Sometimes, I really wish I could show him one of those Sarah McLachlan commercials...you know, the ones that make us all turn the channel/cry hysterically so that he could realize just how good he has it!
Life is beautiful, painful, and awfully complicated sometimes...  
And we experience it in so many of the same ways, even if we express it differently.  
Like being jealous of your dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...