Thursday, May 2, 2013

Color Is Just A Color...

When I saw this picture - it hit me like a ton of bricks.
 
"Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow, black and white
They're all precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world."
 
I remember singing that little tune many times in Sunday School as a child.
 
Each and every one of us was born into this world the same way - innocent.
Completely innocent.
 
Granted, we certainly are not all raised and taught to have the same morals, opinions, and beliefs.
 
There is a Yiddish Proverb that states,
"Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough
but not baked in the same oven."
 
How true?
I simply love it!
 
We are taught skinny and fat.
Rich and poor.
Love and hate.
Good and bad.
Black and white.
 
 
"I hope that people will finally come to realize
that there is only once "race" - the human race -
and that we are all members of it."
- Margaret Atwood -
 
"Beneath the armor of skin/and bone/and mind
most of our colors are amazingly the same."
- Aberjhani -
 
I don't like stereotypes.  Not one bit.
Not every Muslim is a terrorist.
Not every blonde is dumb!
Not every black person is lazy.
Not every white person is racist.
 
For me - it isn't about the color of someone else's skin.
It's about their character.  Good versus evil.
 
I don't care if someone is red or yellow, purple or blue, black or white...
If they have a good heart - they'll find a friend in me.
 
"Whoever in prayer can say, "Our Father," acknowledges and should feel
the brotherhood of the whole race of mankind."
- Tryon Edwards -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...